Queenstown Lakes District Council has an excellent web-based mapping system that is available to the public at no cost.
Some of the information layers included in QLDC's Geographic Information System are:
- land parcel and district boundaries
- rating information
- streets and road names
- utility services (drainage, water, sewage)
- rapid and street number locations
- zoning and other land use
- district wide aerial photography
- maintenance information for parks and open spaces.
If you can't find your water toby, or want to know who owns the house down the road, or where the drain runs outside your house, QLDC's GIS map is the place to go.