Visitor accommodation

If you use your property for short-term accommodation where the guests pay fees, you may need to register with Queenstown Lakes District Council as a homestay or holiday home, and/or apply for resource consent.

QLDC has an online quiz that will help you understand what you are required to do. You can stop the process or back track to change your answers at any time by pushing the back button in your browser.

There is also a useful brochure you can download.

Scroll to Top